Could it be?
I can barley breathe
The excitement seethes
This chance meeting
Makes my heart keep beating.
I question my worth
but I am who I am from birth.
No one can stop the train
nor keep restrain.
I will be my best
For the ultimate test.
will it be love? No one can say.
but this memory will never fray.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Could it be? by Christina Byrd )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip
- I Lost My Heart A Time Ago, Valerie Dohren
- The Fate Of Man, Tony Adah
- We The Paradox, Michelle Dragonfly
- To A Friend!, Sossi Khachadourian