What does courage mean to me?
What does it mean to you?
To some, a single attribute, others, quite a few,
For courage is a lack of fear, inspired by faith and love,
Love of a person, place, or thing, faith in "our Lord" above.
In time of stress, the "Lord" provides, the strength to overcome,
It's courage! giving special drive! until the goal is won.
When danger threatens life or limb, it's courage to the fore,
A courage known by many names, as: daring! guts! and more.
Whatever name we give this trait, it's valiant! stout! and bold!
In action, it is fortitude, a wonder! to behold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Courage by Richard Baird )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mouse, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Haunting Hour, Michael Mira
- Dancefloor, Justin Tang
- picture, laxami Cards
- Nightingale, Naveed Khalid
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka