What does courage mean to me?
What does it mean to you?
To some, a single attribute, others, quite a few,
For courage is a lack of fear, inspired by faith and love,
Love of a person, place, or thing, faith in "our Lord" above.
In time of stress, the "Lord" provides, the strength to overcome,
It's courage! giving special drive! until the goal is won.
When danger threatens life or limb, it's courage to the fore,
A courage known by many names, as: daring! guts! and more.
Whatever name we give this trait, it's valiant! stout! and bold!
In action, it is fortitude, a wonder! to behold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Courage by Richard Baird )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana
- Wild night birds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Love Children Not Glory, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reference: my Monsignor, Emmanuel George Cefai
- We too there inside, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Best Friends, Sandra Feldman
- We too, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Loser, Rain ...
- The Girl, Not A Wife, But A Sister, A Da.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- scary ghost, lee fones