I'm lying on my sofa, watching T.V,
I look to the corner, and what do I see?
A big, hairy Spider! He's looking at me!
The hair starts to rise, on the back of my neck,
Two words come to mind, Oh Heck!
Adrenalin starts pumping, my heart starts thumping!
I look all around, for something to whack him,
Oh, what am I thinking, I shouldn't attack him!
He's only a poor, tiny might,
That's come inside, for a nice cosy night,
Back out, to the Garden, you'll have to go!
For you're making me shake, from head to toe!
I come up with the notion of catching the stinker,
But he's other plans, he's a very quick thinker!
For he's really frisky, his legs pretty nifty,
He clears the rug like Linford Christie!
I've had enough, I'm off to bed!
I'll snuggle up, with the Duvet instead.
Enjoy your gloats and your smiles!
For tomorrow my boy, it's a night on the tiles!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Creepy Crawlies by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki