All life links into chains whose sk[e]ins evolve
as day and night spin circle seasons' clock.
Accelerating change spurs youth to mock
old cycles - life leaves little space to solve
crucial questions before cocoons dissolve
as dust, forgotten before we unlock
doors to answers that, if found, might shock.
Few grasp 'Why? When? ' intrinsically involve
uncertainties societies seldom solve,
lies turning truths steal through time’s steel door, knock.
This means far more than information stock
as Life’s equations' causal wheels revolve
round intuitions treading track tire way
to whee[d]le 'truth' within in short s[p]in stay.
Apprenticeship is process which reminds
of stages spun, cocoon to chrysalis,
ceaselessly recycled till time's blinds
are drawn to find no memory men miss.
Tedious ties of social intercourse
in transit through their metamorphosis
evolve until accepted as divorce
between guess, stress, contest, and catharsis.
Thus crucial questions spin round 'cogito
ergo sum' sum birth, mirth, dearth, earth his_
_story, half-truth tale told till time to go.
Self-centred crowd ignores shock serpent's hiss.
Is search for self as such non sequitur,
Eye is earth's centre, end, rough edge to cure.
Until 'our revels ended these our actors'
seem figurants in egocentric dream,
contributing passive causal factors
to acts on stage off centre, though they teem.
This team's composed of isolate reactors
each testing Why? and Wherefore? as we deem
appropriate to phantom subcontractors
subservient to whim whipped cream of cream.
Thus solipsist must test through interactors
how life's flow's fed till fled when soul would seem
transformed to other stage, turns page refractors
to earn star centre point in further scheme.
Can crucial questions ever disappear
when far is near and in between, there here?
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Crucial Questions by Jonathan ROBIN )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan