Cry of the Ghetto
The baby cries
As a bullet comes through the window
As the father slowly dies
Whiile the mother doesn't react
Cause she sits in the chair inserting a needle in her vein
While the baby slowly cries, though stregnth he gain
Outside the window a lady yells and screams
Cause a gang just rode by and shot her son Naseem
Blood is flowing is flowing everywhere, no phone in sight
she praying to the the lord that her son won't die this night
as she rock her son rapidly crying
saying to herself' I can't believe my son is dying'
'Hold on baby', slowly she repeats
he slowly closes his eyes and say' Mom in heaven we'll meet'
while down the street on the corner boys shoot dice
It's the wrong thing but as lyfe song it 'must b nice'
5yrs later no one was visible to reply
which concludes to why this particular ghetto cry.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry of the Ghetto by Tequia Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass