Crying a cry
Never mind the gruesome
scars on my face,
I've got activated bombs in my flesh.
Sympathy is all i get
and everything remains the same.
They swim in my bloody tears
to get close with a loaded AK47,
giving me directions to the next safer dungeon,
If i sieze to cry.....they will never swim again.
Do not pity this lane i tread,
I have sang this ancient song with a melody
until i become an eyesore.
Women so called,
i dine on fists and sticks.
In his drunken moments,
I become an artefact
done and to be undone by a chisel.
Let me cry this cry
for my only hope might be concealed in the next tear.
In the cosy lounge of law enforcers
only resides sympathy and deciet
for i have to go back to the perpetrator
with the same scars
and traces of tears to remind him of his victory.
Its only 'Domestic Violence' they would say
and yet you see your life
dangled nonchalantly infront of an infernow
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crying a cry by Edward Dzonze )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Budget and the poem, gajanan mishra
- Killer in the Shadows, Maverick Jones
- Get Name And Number, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- No loss, gajanan mishra
- I Would, Aaron Waingrow
- Casa Vitae, Madrason writer
- You Need Not Say Anything Else, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The time has changed, hasmukh amathalal
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson