Cuban Missile Crisis
Nuclear chicken was the game.
U.S. missiles were in Turkey,
So Krushchev chose to do the same
With missiles in Cuba to be.
But Kennedy threatened nuke war.
Such grave threat made Krushchev rethink
This game too costly to play more,
And so the Soviets did blink.
Kennedy praised and Krushchev blamed.
Soon both of the leaders were gone.
The Cuban missile crisis named.
A close call but the world went on.
While blame against Krushchev was hurled,
Was he the one who saved the world?
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cuban Missile Crisis by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa