Cumann Tachaiocta Ceilteach Gaolach - (The Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs)
From the counties of Ireland, from St.Patrick’s home,
From Ulster, Munster, Leinster & Connacht,
To Parkhead, where Peacock, Bonnar and Tully played,
The Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs, make their way.
The soul of Ireland is passionate and loud,
Standing vigilante and faithful within the Celtic crowd,
Dedicated supporters who’d walk the Giant’s Causeway,
Over the Irish Sea to watch the Celtic play.
From the Emerald Isle, the passion grows,
With the pilgrimage to Paradise, in the east end of Glasgow,
Were the hoops of Celtic live in our soul,
Were the stories & legends never grow old.
Ireland’s sons have travelled on a stormy, winter’s night,
Through Germany & Spain, following the green & white,
As ambassadors of Celtic with their craic & their charm,
Singing songs of Celtic & dear old Ireland.
With Brother Walfrid’s spirit and Cuchalinn’s strength
They stand proud in their colours as Celtic men,
And when they take their place on the terracing of Celtic Park,
The gates of Parkhead, forever opens it’s heart.
The spirit of Celtic runs through our veins,
Our history and culture & memorable games,
If Maley & McGrory were to stand side by side
They’d witness the courage of Martin O’Neill’s side.
So, to the Irish men of who, travel from afar,
Their sanctuary is the home of Celtic Park,
Were Jock Stein’s Lions wore the famous green & white;
Were the four leaf clover is worn with Irish pride.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cumann Tachaiocta Ceilteach Gaolach - (The Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs) by Daniel McDonagh )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Light Up The Lamp Within You, Amitava Sur
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn