Curiouser and Curiouser
From King George we'll independance win
Revolution justice will restore,
Our liberty remains life's only law,
More freedom and less tax on tea, less war.
Good riddance George, for dynasty is sin!
Except, what happens if time's wheels should spin
On for two hundred years and then two score,
Revenge upon the people Time might draw
George - one replacing with another's grin!
Each must decide if present joy chagrin
Unfortunate may bring, with struggles sore
Plucked from danger's jaws, worse than before?
The words I RACK, I RAN might thus begin
One cycle all regret, where kith and kin
Ground zero start again, returning flaw
Errors paid with blood, toil, tears, and, more,
Outraged at treason, lies none can ignore.
Rue we one George, to one more George elect?
Good bye to lies, yet more war lies expect?
End this discussion, future risks reject!
© Jonathan Robin July 31 2007
Acrostic From George to George
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Curiouser and Curiouser by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner
- Dream Of The Sequined School Assembly Wi.., mary douglas
- Passage, Rebecca Leidner
- Love, Howard, Rebecca Leidner
- LOOK AT ME!, Denis Martindale
- It's All Lemon Chiffon, mary douglas