Dallas 06/16/99-11/09/05 (Poem about my cat)
Upon this day I reminisce with sadness and reget the loss of my beloved special child who was my pet.
It's been a year of longing wishing you'd return to me for though you left one year ago I cannot set you free.
Though time had made it easier to go from day to day no one can understand the special role your life did play.
I'd hurry home to see your face behind that window pane where wiggles, hugs, and cuddles brightened up the worst of days.
And now I sit with eyes tear filled you are not by my side and when I see the window it is bare and bleak inside.
Emotions they are raw today, I'm simply torn apart...for hollow wrenching feelings tear apart this very heart.
An emptiness that's deeper than the oceans..fill my soul, a painful hunger bites my inner self beyond control
For though time healed the daily wounds I wore upon my sleeve, I shelter from the world outside just what you meant to me.
My heart was barren...yet you filled the void my darling one, my sweet and lovely pet.
Tp me, you were more human that some other I have known you gave such love and tenderness. T'was deep within my soul.
Now spring is here and little things we loved now cause me harm the walks we'd take around the yard no longer hold their charm.
I see you as I take each step, I watch for you each day Oh little one I miss you so...much more than words can say.
Suicidal Sara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dallas 06/16/99-11/09/05 (Poem about my cat) by Suicidal Sara )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis