Dark Daughter, in making the statues of yours,
In sculpting you,
Drawing sculptures and figurines,
You ask the Divine Deity
To bless me
So that I may accomplish it
In the dark,
Working under the lamplight,
Sketching and drawing you,
Carving and chiseling
Out of clay, stone or wood.
What it is dark will remain,
Unto the end
And the mystery
We cannot resolve it,
The mystery of Creation,
Life and death,
Your living, mine living
All under purview,
Scrutiny and annotation.
Dark daughter, you ask the presiding Goddess
To be kind enough to endow with
The bounties of Hers,
So that I may raise the statues
In Her design,
Chiselling and carving
And painting black,
Dark the Goddess Kali,
Dark the Creation,
Nocturnal and supernatural and artistic.
Poet Other Poems
- The Communists
- How Long Will The Hero Go Beating The ...
- I Do Not Know What To Tell You
- I See The Flowers
- The Dance School Boys & Girls
- I Do not Know Who Is What?
- What is love? (The Red Rose And Its Pet...
- “Why Does He Read So Much, Remain Lost I... -new-
- A Beautiful Girl
- A Beautiful Girl, A Beautiful Tale
- A Beautiful Heart
- A Beautiful Life, You Are Destroying Wit...
- A Beauty To See Or A Red Rose?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.