Dark souls that won’t let go
of nightmares driven deep.
Rage bottled up in torment
of troubles long since gone.
The predatory conscience
confused by right and wrong
consumes the living entity
to leave an empty shell.
Deep into desolation falls
the stricken shell deprived of life and living
to live with doom and gloom.
Where will the ending be
when life is finally consumed?
Is there a light somewhere
to drive the demons from this head?
Is there salt to throw on the wounds
for years have continually bled?
Is there hope buried deep
in the eternal hopelessness
the dark souls have fallen into?
So many questions without answer
deprive the freedom’s light.
How far do you have to fall
before something tugs
to draw you back
from deaths dark maw?
22 March 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Soul by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...