Dark the Night
Dark the night,
embraced only by the empty ache of loneliness.
Dark the clouds,
with their cold caress of sorrow.
Questions torn from the heart,
borne on the wind,
buffet the soul,
with stinging tears.
Weary and in pain,
stumbling in the dark,
with wounds confounding
But, the whisper of dawn is heard..
'I know and understand,
your needs and your hopes,
they are of My design...
Surrender to My arms
know my Holy Love'
Light from dawn beckoned,
In weary hope he saw
that His Love would never die.
Harry Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark the Night by Harry Martin )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar