Darling darling this world is mess
A mixture of wealthy corporations
Selfish bureaucracies slithering for our money
That melts away like cheap wax
every time we see commercials ads.
I want to cuddle you
like my new born
Before you rot in a ditch,
floating away down the river.
Bullets that have hatched into bodies
My body, a plastic bag
With fingers, lips and eyes.
bangs at the door
black boots standing at the exit
I shall weep under my bed
leaving my cereal and orange juice untouched.
Perhaps I am a tyrannical criminal,
boot impressions littered around the bodies in the road
Never the less, I cannot pray for a higher power anymore
Shane Clawson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darling by Shane Clawson )
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(18 November 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)