You're my fortress;
You're my strength.
You're my deliever;
You're my redeemer.
I will never fall, nor
Faulter. You are the
Rock upon which I
Place my stand.
Yes, you will protect,
Preserve, and defend me.
You will deliever me from
My trials and tribulations.
You're so wonderful; so
Grand. My feet need
Never lay in sinking
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I frequently took words and phrases from the Bible to help lead, and guide me on my own poetic journey. Maybe you would like to come along?
Wasn't King David really having a very hard time? Maybe you could find the comfort you need in the books of Psalms, and Proverbs.
Comments about this poem (David's Honor by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese