Thanks a lot.
Thanks for computer crashes and plane crashes,
for dirty feet and dirty minds, for cold weather and
cold mothers. Thanks for enery drinks that taste like s-t.
But thanks as well for small talk with strangers in the
Express lane at Ralph’s, thank you for bath and body works
chapstick and cherry sarcasm. Thanks for being
a dime short of my favorite brand of chips at the
vending machine, thanks for loud chewers and irratating siblings.
Gracias for best friends that don’t realize you love them more than a best friend.
Merci Beucoup for last minute holiday shopping and snatching the last pair of skinny jeans....
Thank you for obnoxious relatives who ask where
you’re going to college or what career you’ve picked
when all you want to do is lie in bed and watch
reruns of “Full House” and “Spongebob.” Thanks for
the last seat free on the subway. Thanks for cheap
knockoffs of designer jeans and fake Louis V purses. But most of all, Life,
thank you for the 1: 1 ratio of real thanks and no thanks.
Thanks a lot.
Tia Lopez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Life.. by Tia Lopez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski