Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Two years ago I did lose:
What almost meant the world to me;
And up till now I still refuse
To believe my love's a fantasy!
World's apart yet still together,
Whether you're in heaven or hell;
And I can't help but growing bitter:
Every time I bid you farewell!
So long, so soon, my long lost dear;
And I play but a serenade on the strings of my heart,
Of solace overwhelming me year after year:
That makes every beat but tear it more apart!
You only left the memory,
Of you that just cannot die;
It shines across eternity,
The mist and through the cloudy sky!
I hate that every year I yet weep anew,
Nay, but every day, and I'm left in a dismal tune;
O Dearly Beloved, instead of a vague adieu,
I guess I'd rather say, 'I will see you soon! '
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dearly Beloved by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Gratitude, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Eternal Poet, Sandra Feldman
- Challenge, Edgar Albert Guest
- I, Edgar Albert Guest
- Dixie Cup, Charles Hancock
- Defeat, Edgar Albert Guest
- People Like Him, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Bear Story, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy Enlists, Edgar Albert Guest