You wish for something that shall come naturally..
i do not fear death,
but the ocean of the afterlife
the ocean of nothingness
vast fields of bleak..
an eternity of this misery?
The purity of salvation?
what happened to the light?
where went the intense drive to survive?
have you lost your will as well?
i hope not...
is my complete and utter love to you incompetent? where shall i roam when you leave this Earth?
for my soul is nothing without your pressence
you saved my life
that cold day you finally broke the gap of bone chilling silence between us..you brought me back,
single handedly from the plans i held for the next day..
i suppose we are both lucky..
perhaps i might even venture to say.. blessed?
we were meant to be together..
in my heart at least,
this is true
hell, who knows?
perhaps your heart merely holds only lust for mine?
where does your lonely allegiance truly lay?
where must i draw the fate splitting line?
what a stupid question,
for the answer is never
my love for you is too great,
to even think of leaving you while you still live
even if we are both ghosts of who we once were
Katherine Lyczek's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Katherine Lyczek )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti