Death is a relief.
No birth is welcome; the world is heavy.
Each death is welcome; the world gets relief.
With a birth, as its food, many births perish.
With a death, many births would get relief.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death is a relief. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes