akingbehin daniel murphy
death is nothing at all
Death is nothing at all...
I have only slipped away into the
I am I, and you are you...
Whatever we were to each other,
that we are still...
Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me
in the easy way which you
Put no difference in your tone;
wear no forced air of solemnity
Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed
Play, smile, think of me, pray for
Let my name be ever the
household word that it always
Let it be spoken without effect,
without the ghost of a shadow
Life mean all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was;
there is absolutely unbroken
What is this death but a
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am just waiting for you, for an
Somewhere near, just around the
All is well.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (death is nothing at all by akingbehin daniel murphy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Best Book Ever, mary douglas
- Rescue., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Go Live Your Life, Seema Chowdhury
- Main ek phool hun kanto se, jiski nateda.., Aftab Alam
- Let's Make Today Fun, Seema Chowdhury
- LOVE IS LIKE A ROSE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- The Right Answer, Seema Chowdhury
- Faltering is not good, gajanan mishra
- Manassas, I Remember, mary douglas
- Buried alive!, the hobbler