Death Takes The Piss
Death goes on the piss
(he's already had a few too many) .
Death goes on the tear
(looking the worse for wear) .
Death belche4s: 'The drinks...
...are on me! '
Death only wants a little company.
But, when last orders are odered
Death drinks alone
...then goes home.
Death thinks: 'It's a dirty job but...
... someone's gotta do it! '
'I just wish it wasn't me! '
Then goes on living -
- so that others may die.
Then with a bursting bladder...
Death takes a pee
(still muttering drunkenly)
'I just wish it wasn't me...
...I just wish it wasn't me! '
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Takes The Piss by Dónall Dempsey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque