DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013
What if I catch painful cancer and want to lie down and die?
If I took some diazepam; could I wave everyone goodbye?
Everything arranged so there is no problem with the law,
Therefore we need to change the law in case I need to withdraw.
But death with dignity is not politically correct yet,
Righteous politicians refuse to discuss this subject,
As if they themselves will never get very sick and die,
Locked into their own party agenda and we don’t know why.
If Oregon and Switzerland have this type of death, why can’t we?
If we were allowed a referendum, we would surely agree,
But these too are forbidden by our righteous up above,
Trudeau’s Charter of Rights gave us nothing to be proud of.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY... OCT 10TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo
- a small stop...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Id est, Frank Avon
- December 28th: Feast Of The Holy Innocents, Saiom Shriver