DEATH WITH DIGNITY PLEASE... DEC 13TH,2013
Death with Dignity Please... DEC 13TH,2013
People in Quebec had a big debate about quality death,
They had one in Toronto too but few knew it might be a threat,
If the State of Oregon has Death with Dignity; why can’t we?
And Holland and Switzerland too are also be devotees.
Dying is often done in great misery, anxiety and pain,
Never mentioned from the pulpit or any political campaign,
Not politically correct and never mentioned in fear,
Religions oppose these ideas and want them to disappear.
You can’t control your destiny at the end of your life,
The religious elites emphasise that there can be no strife,
If you behave and believe all their rules and regulations,
You can die screaming in pain but there are no complications.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY PLEASE... DEC 13TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns