The wise prophet,
The Judge of Israel,
The Servant of the Lord,
How great you were in answering God's call,
And serving the Lord as
He wanted you to.
You knew the oppression of your people,
Done by Jabin, the king of Canaan,
And all he did to the Canaanites,
And you knew the cruelty of Sisera,
His commander who
Dwelt in Harosheth Hagoiim,
And you answered the Lord's call.
You helped Barak, an Israelite,
Defeat Sisera's army,
And you knew of Jael,
Killed Sisera in his sleep.
You did as the Lord asked you,
And you ruled for years to come,
And you kept the peace,
Until death came upon you,
And for your bravery and glory,
May God bless your soul.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deborah by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey