Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Deep Rooted Issues
There are those,
Who would rather get their updates...
On the lives lived they attempt to escape,
From a psychoanalysis, a medical doctor.
Or a high priced and paid psychiatrist.
Then they will go to a bar or somewhere to eat off,
Their surmounting frustrations.
Than to listen to someone who says it,
Just like it is as it has been observed for years...
To accuse them of being unempathetic and insensitive.
And this they tell to those as if to announce,
Their unwarranted victimization.
As the ones giving time to listen,
Provide them with a baited sympathy given.
With a comforting that guarantees,
They will never face their deep rooted issues to confront.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.