Lawrence S. Pertillar
Deep Rooted Issues
There are those,
Who would rather get their updates...
On the lives lived they attempt to escape,
From a psychoanalysis, a medical doctor.
Or a high priced and paid psychiatrist.
Then they will go to a bar or somewhere to eat off,
Their surmounting frustrations.
Than to listen to someone who says it,
Just like it is as it has been observed for years...
To accuse them of being unempathetic and insensitive.
And this they tell to those as if to announce,
Their unwarranted victimization.
As the ones giving time to listen,
Provide them with a baited sympathy given.
With a comforting that guarantees,
They will never face their deep rooted issues to confront.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deep Rooted Issues by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Turn wet, hasmukh amathalal
- In Finity, douglas scotney
- My Pack, Maverick Jones
- 'Know What Stranger', Shania K. Younce
- Lifetime Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes With It Done To Bring Tears, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Shadows Of A People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra