The gaze of a monster arrives tonight in the dark,
It sees us forming its eyes on us so bright in the dark.
Once the monsters of the deep linger forever now,
The nightmares are downright a fight in the dark.
Its monumental how deeper vaults intrude and master,
Once we enter them under the crystallite in the dark.
The caves are immediately in front of us, around us,
Then are we lost so differently to cite, in the dark?
Girls and boys question and murder our paths,
The children are never lost, but we are to excite in the dark.
Paths of godly fabrication are everywhere in our layers of adventure,
The harsh realities are mine, the adventure of dynamite in the dark.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deeper Denizens by Naveed Akram )
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
- Unlike Many, Alade Abayomi IdrisWhite
- Many Heavens, George Hunter
- Pronounce Or Never, George Egba
- How now, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)