The gaze of a monster arrives tonight in the dark,
It sees us forming its eyes on us so bright in the dark.
Once the monsters of the deep linger forever now,
The nightmares are downright a fight in the dark.
Its monumental how deeper vaults intrude and master,
Once we enter them under the crystallite in the dark.
The caves are immediately in front of us, around us,
Then are we lost so differently to cite, in the dark?
Girls and boys question and murder our paths,
The children are never lost, but we are to excite in the dark.
Paths of godly fabrication are everywhere in our layers of adventure,
The harsh realities are mine, the adventure of dynamite in the dark.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deeper Denizens by Naveed Akram )
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
- She's a Taxicab, Gouda Moon
- Fire-Flies, Saheb Mohapatra
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)