I live among the world’s animals,
Unlike them, I stare and gaze at the stars;
I love the animals inhabiting this planet
Like the stars that shine in the galaxy.
The crust is seething of dead animals,
Organisms grow from the deaths and lives,
They musically play, swallow their prey,
Live with each other like humans.
The Earth never complains of the treatment
Given to certain living things,
Flora or fauna,
Young or old.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Things by Naveed Akram )
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second