Deer Hunters' Camp
It's another year of Deer Hunters' Camp
Where my friend Tom caught fire while igniting his lamp.
He screamed, 'Put me out! ' as he ran out of sight.
I yelled, 'Stop, drop and Roll... and you'll be alright! '
Then there was Greg, who loved to get drunk.
He passed out in his tent, while hugging a skunk.
Him stinking so bad, it must have been hell.
So, we kept him down wind because of the smell.
Now here comes Bill, who brought us a treat.
He fed us all jerky that smelled just like feet.
We about beat him to death with a bag full of rocks
‘Cause, it wasn't deer jerky, it was hard crusty socks.
We hunted all week without any luck
Then what came into camp was the world's largest buck.
We looked at each other, beaten and tired
Then pointed our guns, but nobody fired.
We seemed to go through this year after year
And I'm never amazed why we haven't got deer.
When we all get together, the deer is the champ
But, there's always next year at Deer Hunters' Camp.
Roger Horsch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deer Hunters' Camp by Roger Horsch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Hard Morning 2, Michael McParland
- Please take my eyes out, Nassy Fesharaki
- In This State, Naveed Akram
- A Language, Susan Stewart
- We are the learned, gajanan mishra
- Four Lack Songs, Susan Stewart
- The Answer to Cancer, Edwina Reizer
- In The Past, Trumbull Stickney
- What is there in the sky, gajanan mishra
- I bow down, hasmukh amathalal