Defend Our Girls and Protect Our Daughters
Our mother was once a girl,
It is our duty to protect and defend
All women against the quick sand
Of the sick snakes that can steal, curl,
Maim, violate and poison our daughters.
Protect our angelic babies all the time,
Against the ills, the sneaky chime
Of the sad and corrupted killers,
Who prey on our defenseless and vulnerable society.
Yes, all of our children should be safe and happy.
Let’s defend our girls everywhere.
They deserve better treatment,
Better protection under the current atmosphere.
Respect them, love them; keep them beautiful and brilliant,
And do not stop teaching them the Ten Commandments.
Young girls are the future mothers of tomorrow,
Do not bring pain, nightmares, sadness and sorrow
To the most wonderful masterpieces of the Creator.
It is our God-given duties and rights to protect them all the time,
At the first squeak of the clock and at the last sigh of the holy chime.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Defend Our Girls and Protect Our Daughters by Hebert Logerie )
- Mother, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lost In The Dream Of The Seventh Willow, mary douglas
- It was a surprise raid, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Scented, Anthony Di'anno
- The Rebel in Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I am with You , Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreams, Kwalo Voro
- Remembrance, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Winter Song, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Poet, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Equilibrists, John Crowe Ransom
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)