The train was zooming by,
When I saw her like a veil in the sky…
She was strolling in the street;
She was immaculately neat.
It was like a dream;
I wanted to scream:
Oh! God, Oh! Beauty,
I just peripherally
Saw the most beautiful woman
On earth! She was way gorgeous than an omen,
And prettier than an April bouquet of flowers;
She smiled and laughed like no other creatures.
What a Joy! What a Beauty!
What a treat,
To have mnemonically photographed such a woman,
Who smiled like a Baby,
And who educed a warm dropp of rain
From my right eye,
Which caused my heart to beat
So profusely and to switch side,
And my spleen to quiver,
And my soul to beg and twitter.
Oh! God, this one had no flaws,
No scars, no thorns, and no claws;
No tattoos, no chains, and no rings.
Her hair was her wings;
She swam through the clouds like a proud swan,
Like a mermaid in the deep blue ocean.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peripheral Beauty by Hebert Logerie )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.