C. P. Sharma
I saw a dream within my dream,
I found Ravidas loudly scream.
'O Lord, I am caught up in illusions,
The world as I see is full of delusions.' 1.
He saw an emperor napping on throne,
With begging bowl he found him groan.
In dream lamented parting of empire,
So are we now, in begger’s attire.2.
As mistaken identity of rope for snake,
Lord revealed him the mystery of world fake.
Mistaken identity of bracelets and gold,
Now, not at all he could behold.3.
Now, in all places the Lord conforms,
He enjoys Himself in diverse forms.
Ravidas says, He is as close as limbs,
The world simply exists as He whims.4
*Inspired by Bani Guru Ravidas
C. P. Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusions! by C. P. Sharma )
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)