C. P. Sharma
I saw a dream within my dream,
I found Ravidas loudly scream.
'O Lord, I am caught up in illusions,
The world as I see is full of delusions.' 1.
He saw an emperor napping on throne,
With begging bowl he found him groan.
In dream lamented parting of empire,
So are we now, in begger’s attire.2.
As mistaken identity of rope for snake,
Lord revealed him the mystery of world fake.
Mistaken identity of bracelets and gold,
Now, not at all he could behold.3.
Now, in all places the Lord conforms,
He enjoys Himself in diverse forms.
Ravidas says, He is as close as limbs,
The world simply exists as He whims.4
*Inspired by Bani Guru Ravidas
C. P. Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusions! by C. P. Sharma )
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Laud The Lord, Donald R Charon
- RELEASED TO LOVE AGAIN, Donald R Charon
- SIMPLY US, The lonely wanderer
- Price of Conviction, R B Seals
- Ashes الرماد, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- One More Day I Say, Wilfred Mellers
- VISIONS OF DESPAIR, Donald R Charon
- That horizon and the rock of suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What measure., Ryan Brodesser
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)