Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have long been prepared and accustomed,
To do at my best and expect it to be compared...
With a mediocrity another who has less discipline,
Had been picked and selected to express similar effort.
And I have learned too many lessons,
Not to let the obvious reasons upset me.
Longevity addressed can not be refused.
People come to know it.
And rely upon its consistency to not become confused.
Tried and staying true to a quality introduced,
Is dependable and is never replaced...
By two-faced excuse makers seeking applause.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dependable by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- cities, James Hart
- Secret Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil, evil!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Starlight Symphony, Kewayne Wadley
- Ugliness Of Death, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Holy Grail, Leslie Philibert
- AND aWAKE - 0Ld HiSsToRy, sEaN nOrTh
- Semblance, Edward Kofi Louis
- Chlamydia, Jaimee Hills
- Nothing Rhymes with Gitmo, Jaimee Hills