Oh, you scoundrel,
Which I deal with every day,
How I hate you so,
When you must govern my life,
As if I have no control over you.
You fiend, which feasts on my pain,
How I hate you when you come at my direst hour,
Flourishing from my torment,
And thriving off my desperation.
O, Desire, who do you think you are?
That you can give your victims pain?
And make your hosts suffer plight?
Who are you to make people suffer in life,
To give them endless strife,
To deprive them of every bit of happiness in this world?
To give them pride,
And to give them vanity,
Which makes them fall in the end?
Who are you to make me suffer?
Who are you to make humans suffer?
Oh, you know no limits.
You foul fiend, you cruel cretin,
You shrewd scoundrel, you wily weasel,
You know no limits and can take of whomever you please,
But I have learned that,
In his Miltonic plight,
That virtue conquers all
And shall give me hope in life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desire by Justin Reamer )
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
- - Every Night I Remember You Honey-, Ali Sabry
- - I Want To Marry You Now-, Ali Sabry
- - My Lovely Princess Is My Weakness Point-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Give Me Some Of .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Write Your Name On The Mountains-, Ali Sabry
- - Love Is All I Need My Lovely Beauty La.., Ali Sabry
- - The Love Will Still To The First Lover.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow