Have you ever been to the depths of despair?
It’s a waiting ground to the Devils lair,
You tumble and fall but it’s an endless abyss,
No place on Earth is as lonely as this.
There are no sounds, no conversation,
You try to grab a hold in desperation,
There’s nothing to grab, you can’t get a hold,
It’s unfriendly and hostile, lonely and cold.
If you pass through you may see me there,
With a saddened look and an ice-cold stare,
If I could speak, I’d welcome you there,
In this place, this place, they call despair.
welshrebel GMR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Despair by welshrebel GMR )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Request, Frieda Risvold
- Khwab martay nhi! ~(inspired) ~, Shahzia Batool
- Deep Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Will never ask for more than this..., Alok Singhal
- Circumventing Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Morning, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Sign, Rex mayor Ubini
- Open Letter to Lady Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka
- Prej njerëzores dua të digjem, skender iljaz braka