Waseem A Malla
One day, as I would look back,
Into my life lived all the days,
The days without you, and the nights,
Without any sleep comporting my eyes.
Those days, when I decided to call you,
Call you back into my life-
But was it my voice that failed me?
Or the air, that resisted to flow?
Those days, when I dreamt of you,
Of only you, within me, in my life-
But was it my sleep that faded?
Or your images that became blurred?
And the days, I decided to follow,
To follow you, to be united with you-
But were those my steps getting heavy?
Or was it the path that became untreadable?
All those nights, when I wanted to hug you,
To hug you, forever, safe in my arms-
Were those arms too weak to hold on?
Or was the distance too large to be safe?
All those nights, all those nights,
Haunted me; these days, these days-
What is it that lets me not sleep?
That lets me not to dream?
For every lone moment of my life,
It is no life I have lived, alone-
Is it you, or your love haunting me?
Or is it my hope leading to despair?
Waseem A Malla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
© Waseem A Malla
Comments about this poem (Desperation! by Waseem A Malla )
- Something still present, Tadasha Tripathy
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra