Dog goD 8Hate
Pontificate stealthy and ''wise? ''
the words glossed with sweet style.
Stand in the light of a dark-world's
candle, alight at both ends.
Smile at they complicit as they confer
a dark-world's praise and know -
and ''you know! ''- something's wrong.
''So what'' you say, and I say too. Yet,
religiose proclamations are not all vagary -
something strong incites their frame.
The Irony: you are warned - do not do
what the sacred forbids, yet, no one can!
Alas, suffer subsequent realities
for what deities do,
not we - victoms of circumstance:
Destiny's egregious sin.
Dog goD 8Hate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Destiny's Sin by Dog goD 8Hate )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- joey the junky, Frank Sobolewski
- hungry hungry hobo, Frank Sobolewski
- Me and Philly, Frank Sobolewski
- Adjusted, William Makell
- Realisation, hafiz qasim
- What does darkness mean to you?, Jeremy Horsford
- The Way It Used To Be, Michael P. McParland
- A Cigarette's Butt-end, Abu Sufian
- PH: Love: Oh Let...!, Brian Johnston
- The Sweetness, Michael P. McParland