Before there was cholesterol,
before there was fat and sodium,
there was just food.
You liked it or you didn’t.
You could eat
Now each choice is
calculated, measured, researched,
each meal an agonizing dialogue.
Captain Kirk, beam me back to the past,
before I began to read labels,
before I knew anything.
I long to sit down to dinner again
and just savor it!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dietary Ruminations by June Stepansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent