Different Voices And Sounds
That pretty sea that lies behind
That pretty rock of suicide
Has that pretty sound of roaring...
The pretty sea's waves come ashore
With that great and huge sound as if
They welcome us or they say something...
The pretty voices of those pretty swimmers
Who are running on these hot and golden sands...
Some passing clouds cross fast into
That neighboring villages,
Cars and bikes are parked
Beside the seashore...
Pretty waves hit strongly
The pretty sides of that rock of suicide...
Kids run along the coastline yelling loudly
While playing football...
It's too hot on the seashore, so
There appear some mirages...
People swim, dive, and play inside
The pretty sea's big bellies
With a lot of different voices and sounds
Are heard here and there...
It's sunny outside, so
All ice-cream vendors are anywhere and everywhere...
All restaurants are busy and overcrowded
With a lot of tourists and with a lot of local swimmers,
A lot of ships, a lot of oil tankers,
A lot of canoes, and a lot of fishing boats
Are seen anywhere and everywhere...
It's still Summertime although
The pretty September has just entered...
People want to enjoy spending the last remaining days
Of that Summer happily... _________________________________________________ _____________________
MOHAMMAD SKATI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different Voices And Sounds by MOHAMMAD SKATI )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai
- And bell and a cock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Notepad of joy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There appeared A child, Emmanuel George Cefai