Darkness descended at noon
Rain fell after it vowed never to fall again
Is there still honey in the hive?
Will we further see the epiphyte glued to the palm?
The largest star within the galaxy has dropped!
I am soaked amidst my own tears right now
Hard-hearted, strong-boned that I am
Tears flow like the river in my eyes
We sob even in our heart
The heavens themselves open their doors
And pour down fresh water
To assuage the drought that plague us
As the saint ceases to breathe
He looks as fresh as bitterleaf
Like a newly sprouted bitterleaf
Rich in life
But richer in death.
(Ode to Gani Fawehinmi, front-line human rights activist who ancestorized on the 5th of September,2009.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dirge by Kolawole Ajao )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.