Dirt Sweeper is Time - Initial Version of Tipping Points
Man has reached a point in time
where he must choose before that choice
is forced upon him. Few rejoice
because the spectral pantomime
is faced with closure, cannot mime
a role with sense, nor find a voice
authentic underneath its grime.
Democracy has called the tune
since communistic threats appeared.
They, proving weaker than first feared, -
despite the missions to the moon, -
to dust dissolved are. Silver spoon
resumes his reign too highly geared
to cope with chaos which will soon
sweep the system, branches prune
which sturdy seem - soon to be sheared.
Enterprise has engineered
excesses while the baby boom
puts pressure on where once a boon
enhancing it was held, revered.
Restrictions? - Democratic doom.
It seems dream seams split one by one:
Social unrest, confusion, here.
There earthquakes, famine. Cracks appear
Inevitable. Time trap sprung!
Man machineseems out of gear,
Economies unbalanced, - fear
rampant that our race is run.
(8 October 1992)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dirt Sweeper is Time - Initial Version of Tipping Points by Jonathan ROBIN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man