The Sky shouts,
And my bucket fills.
My hut leaks
Tears of venoms,
Those kill not snakes.
Does not make fools.
When a dog barks,
The fowl croaks.
Pretenders have marks;
That the child discerns.
And sixth sense dulls.
The octagon needs.
My culture says
“I shall respect octagons”
What more of those with grays?
Cultures with capital Cs
And Cultures with small cs?
Ain’t these ironies?
Yes! Dramatic ironies
Not Socratic ironies.
Whys and wherefores?
Olumo and Aso are both rocks.
By Auwal Abdullahi
MAHAMMA ADRIANNE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Discussion Continues by MAHAMMA ADRIANNE )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- animals, camila salaverria
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- My Classroom, shivani pillai
Poem of the Day
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian
- Run Silent Run Deep, lingering stupor
- The Betrayal, Ahmad Husain
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- Antique., RAJ VIKRAM
- Belated', george albot