Oh my love
the beauty behind your blue eyes
I go to bed with you on my mind
its pains me distance and time
keeps us apart; i long dearly to be with you.
if only life could have brought us together
so closely, so distance would not be a barrier to our love.
I know love never dies
but if you stop loving me i will die.
Don't let anything take you away from me
'You are my only true love', my dear
The irony of life is that it always
stands in the way of true love.
'Inside i long for you, and the distance
between us an ocean of tears.
Lets there be war and famine,
lightning and darkness,
as long as the day and night remains
so would my love for you never change.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distant Love by Ndubuisi Eke )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR