Oh my love
the beauty behind your blue eyes
I go to bed with you on my mind
its pains me distance and time
keeps us apart; i long dearly to be with you.
if only life could have brought us together
so closely, so distance would not be a barrier to our love.
I know love never dies
but if you stop loving me i will die.
Don't let anything take you away from me
'You are my only true love', my dear
The irony of life is that it always
stands in the way of true love.
'Inside i long for you, and the distance
between us an ocean of tears.
Lets there be war and famine,
lightning and darkness,
as long as the day and night remains
so would my love for you never change.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distant Love by Ndubuisi Eke )
- afterlife, Marshall Gass
- Dreams Create a Beautiful World, Rohit Sapra
- The touch of a star is like the touch of.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Art of Creation, Anthony Di'anno
- Breathing slow, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Same Moon, Amber Carreon
- You and Your Self, Frank Avon
- delicious red, Mandolyn ...
- Better than that, Cee Bea
- kya mila-, sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns