I know not from what distant time
thou art ever coming nearer to meet me.
Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye.
In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard
and thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret.
I know not only why today my life is all astir,
and a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart.
It is as if the time were come to wind up my work,
and I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distant Time by Rabindranath Tagore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth
- Life lesson, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Silence Is Monk, sallam yassin
- You are not mine, Kelly Curiel
- Faces on Parade, Gerry Legister
- By the Way..., Sandra Feldman
- Art, Breanna Choma
- ask, laxami Cards
- Acceptable Efforts, Lawrence S. Pertillar