Do I Hate You? (Have I Ever?)
Have I ever hurt you?
Have I ever made you cry?
Want to die?
Have I given you shit that screws up your life?
Like drugs, or alcohol, that makes you high?
Have I handed a dagger to you?
Point a gun at your head?
Tie a string around your neck?
Leave you alone with some cold crimson instrument?
Have I ever asked you to sell yourself short?
Did I tell you something was impossible?
Have I ever told you ‘dude, you’re sucha piece of shit’?
Have I done or said something,
To make you want to hurt yourself?
Have I ever put shit on your shoulders?
Prepared you for the slaughters?
Have I said to you
‘there is no way your gunna make it through this life’?
Do I make you think life sucks?
That everything has locks?
Have I made you feel lonely?
Or immense negativity?
Have I threatened to kill you?
Made you shed tears?
Have I ever made you scream from inner pain?
That can’t be slain?
Do I hate you?
Fidelis Patronus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do I Hate You? (Have I Ever?) by Fidelis Patronus )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey