Do Not Ask Me
Do not ask me for an hourly love
A love with pinch in pinch out
I am not civilized yet.
Do not ask me for a burger love
With bad cheese,
I do not have the taste for it
I can not afford it anyway
With my minimum wage salary.
Do not ask for a minimum feeling
And maximum love
This is a different chemistry,
A different language
And another type of skill that takes time
Do not put my name in a list
On top or in the bottom
It does not matter
Being hired and fired are not options I am considering
This is for the skillful less
And I do not invest in the feeling and utilitarian market.
Do not ask me why I dream of the moon;
Cause the moon is not just
Or dark eyebrow.
It is the first circle I draw,
The swoon when I am lost, and
Your eyes' tune, sand, and the dune.
Do not ask me
What is my name is,
Where I come from, or
What type job I have;
But ask what name I will give you and
What name you will give me from time to time;
Ask me where I will take you and you will take me
Without plans or exits.
Do not ask me if I could keep
The same smile;
Cause, a smile is like a golden ring
It does not create your hand
Neither my face.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Ask Me by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath