Do Not Ask Me
Do not ask me for an hourly love
A love with pinch in pinch out
I am not civilized yet.
Do not ask me for a burger love
With bad cheese,
I do not have the taste for it
I can not afford it anyway
With my minimum wage salary.
Do not ask for a minimum feeling
And maximum love
This is a different chemistry,
A different language
And another type of skill that takes time
Do not put my name in a list
On top or in the bottom
It does not matter
Being hired and fired are not options I am considering
This is for the skillful less
And I do not invest in the feeling and utilitarian market.
Do not ask me why I dream of the moon;
Cause the moon is not just
Or dark eyebrow.
It is the first circle I draw,
The swoon when I am lost, and
Your eyes' tune, sand, and the dune.
Do not ask me
What is my name is,
Where I come from, or
What type job I have;
But ask what name I will give you and
What name you will give me from time to time;
Ask me where I will take you and you will take me
Without plans or exits.
Do not ask me if I could keep
The same smile;
Cause, a smile is like a golden ring
It does not create your hand
Neither my face.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Ask Me by Atef Ayadi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- nine times i tried to pinch your wink, Mandolyn ...
- आओ के सूरज को कैद करे, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- शब्दों से अब बात न बनती, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Motherhouse, Leslie Philibert
- Self Reflecting, Marissa Wheeler
- तु ही तु अज़िज है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मै ही तो हूँ, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मन की राणी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Universal Art, Marissa Wheeler