Does She Really Mean It
She says she cares.
She says he wont hurt me.
But yet she hurt me before.
She says she'll treat me like her prince or king.
But is all that true?
Because according to me that's what she said last time.
An what happen she tore my heart out an crushed it beyond replace.
I love the way she holds me in her arms.
I love the way she looks at me
I love the way she talks to me.
She speaks about so many sweet things that it makes me feel like she cares.
But why me?
What's so great about me?
I wasn't good enough before?
Why would she tell me that?
Am i what she wants?
The one she truly wants to be with?
I don't wanna get hurt again...
I don't wanna hear a bunch of lies again...
I don't want the past to happen again...
I don't wanna think of the love in my heart being crushed again...
So why am I still thinking of her?
Ralph Acosta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does She Really Mean It by Ralph Acosta )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht