Does She Really Mean It
She says she cares.
She says he wont hurt me.
But yet she hurt me before.
She says she'll treat me like her prince or king.
But is all that true?
Because according to me that's what she said last time.
An what happen she tore my heart out an crushed it beyond replace.
I love the way she holds me in her arms.
I love the way she looks at me
I love the way she talks to me.
She speaks about so many sweet things that it makes me feel like she cares.
But why me?
What's so great about me?
I wasn't good enough before?
Why would she tell me that?
Am i what she wants?
The one she truly wants to be with?
I don't wanna get hurt again...
I don't wanna hear a bunch of lies again...
I don't want the past to happen again...
I don't wanna think of the love in my heart being crushed again...
So why am I still thinking of her?
Ralph Acosta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does She Really Mean It by Ralph Acosta )
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)