Sorry I Cheated
I know I hurt you
When I did what I did.
But still without you
I don't think I can live.
You're the only one
That I have ever loved.
You were my shoulder to lean on
When things got rough.
I know it was stupid
And a huge mistake.
Will you please forgive me?
I'll do whatever it takes.
I cried myself to sleep at night
Knowing that I shouldn't.
I should have moved on
But, well, I just couldn't.
But when I cheated
Was when I realized
Just how much you meant to me
And still now and then
The tears stream from my eyes.
It's been a couple of months
And I still can't move on.
I just don't want to think
That we are really done.
I was so scared to tell you
I thought that I would lose you.
I highly doubted it
But it came true.
I thought that we could work things out
And build our trust back up.
But I think I really lost you
And to even think that is really tough.
I compare other guys to you
But none comes even close.
All they want to do is
Hit it, quit it, then boast.
You really were different
And that's what I liked.
You held me close
On cold, summer nights.
Even as I write this
Tears fall from my eyes.
I can't believe I did that to you
Then turned around and lied.
You were the most precious
Person in my life.
And maybe if I never did that
We'd still be doing alright.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorry I Cheated by Ralph Acosta )
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)