Sorry I Cheated
I know I hurt you
When I did what I did.
But still without you
I don't think I can live.
You're the only one
That I have ever loved.
You were my shoulder to lean on
When things got rough.
I know it was stupid
And a huge mistake.
Will you please forgive me?
I'll do whatever it takes.
I cried myself to sleep at night
Knowing that I shouldn't.
I should have moved on
But, well, I just couldn't.
But when I cheated
Was when I realized
Just how much you meant to me
And still now and then
The tears stream from my eyes.
It's been a couple of months
And I still can't move on.
I just don't want to think
That we are really done.
I was so scared to tell you
I thought that I would lose you.
I highly doubted it
But it came true.
I thought that we could work things out
And build our trust back up.
But I think I really lost you
And to even think that is really tough.
I compare other guys to you
But none comes even close.
All they want to do is
Hit it, quit it, then boast.
You really were different
And that's what I liked.
You held me close
On cold, summer nights.
Even as I write this
Tears fall from my eyes.
I can't believe I did that to you
Then turned around and lied.
You were the most precious
Person in my life.
And maybe if I never did that
We'd still be doing alright.
Ralph Acosta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorry I Cheated by Ralph Acosta )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Civilian and Soldier, Wole Soyinka
- Name Change Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- These Walls, Michael P. McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael P. McParland
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..