Dog is God Spelt Backwards
Dog is god spelt backwards,
Said I one day.
Therefore you should (must) be nice to Todd today.
Shouted that imbecile brother of mine.
I’ll only be nice if you help me with this homework that’s wrecking my mind.
I shook my head in desperation,
Cuddling the poor dog with (slight) frustration.
Dog is spelt g-o-d backwards,
And g-o-d reads as god forwards.
If Todd is a god,
You should therefore have good sense not to hoard
Your anger against this seemingly weak yet powerful dog.
That brother remained unconvinced,
And continued with his unrestrained
Demonstration of control over
That poor little dog (like a bulldozer) .
So I did what I always do (most naturally) ,
And slammed my fist into that (horrible) bugger forcibly.
And as he lay groaning
On the floor with those bright yellow patterning,
I smiled sweetly,
Fingering his cheek (not so gently) .
Now do you understand in your grassy brain with huge lag,
When I say that Todd is a god not a punch bag?
That (annoying) fool nodded his head
And almost landed in a faint dead,
And I grinned again for I knew he was going to be late,
For his first (and hopefully only) date.
Dog is god spelt backwards.
And as such that proves that dogs are gods’ forwards.
Dogs are gods.
But gods might not all be dogs.
That makes sense to me since dogs are men’s best friend,
More so true now that they control more than they befriend.
And here’s where I’ll end.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dog is God Spelt Backwards by Felix Lee )
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns