My dog lives in my house with me,
the doghouse stays outside.
He thus avoids the misery
that weather changes might
inflict upon his gentle soul
my dog is very bright.
So while his house
just sits there waiting
the thought occurs to some
that I should be, they are debating,
be in there, chewing gum.
Already banned by own volition
into a doghouse far,
I realise the new decision
has further raised the bar.
While living in both houses is
not what I had in mind
when from my thoughts of wilderness
I had to sift and find.
So, Tibet here I come for sure,
I hear the houses there
are not much harder to endure
than doghouses are here.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doghouses by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Tony Adah
- Thoughts Bloom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do People Sometimes Self Suicides?, Terence G. Craddock
- I Hate You, Hafeni Nghidinua
- Form matters, douglas scotney
- Inner Composition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Firefly, John Shea
- Tranquil Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon