Don't Forget to Pray
I fell asleep. I heard a scream.
I came awake. It was a dream.
Afraid to sleep. I stayed awake.
How many hours would it take?
Four, five, six or seven,
I counted the hours in my head.
Once again I heard the scream,
although this time not in a dream.
Afraid no more, not like before.
Slept like a babe without a thought.
Strange, what my fear had brought.
What a way to end my day.
Tonight, I'll not forget to pray.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Forget to Pray by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid